There are many backsplash ideas that you can use to complete your room.
Whether you want an all white backsplash, a herringbone pattern, accent tiles, or a metal focal piece, there are many designs to fit your desires and budget. You can make the backsplash and elegant feature piece, or use it to help another item in the room stand out. You can also choose a variety of materials depending on the look you want to achieve.
- Mosaic tiles made from wood squares
- Boat wood is an excellent medium because it is waterproof and you never have to seal it
- Shiplap or old barn wood is a very trendy; wood is often used to warm up a sleek, modern kitchen or bath that has many metal or hard lines
- Thin, slat boards provide interest and draw the eye forward to the center of the wall and the room
Wallpaper goes in many design directions
- Material mimicking others like leather, marble, or faux wood
- Vintage styles are making an enormous comeback
- Plain or very busy designs depending on your needs
- Subway tiles
- Marble mosaic
- Glass tiles
- Copper squares
- Monochromatic styles
- Black and white
- Bold and bright colors
- Specialty designs like onyx that is backlit to show the delicate veining throughout the slab
- Country themes like Mediterranean, Tuscan, or Spanish
Neutral tones and materials blend the design together
When you want to marry the whole kitchen design or bathroom look in one cohesive pattern, it is often a good idea to go with a neutral backsplash. The simple, yet elegant color choice will bring the eye around the room and make the look seem complete. To tie in more elements, the fixtures and decor should have some neutral tones as well.
Villa Visions is a leading home remodeling contractor servicing the Bergen, Hudson, and North Jersey areas that has extensive remodeling and construction experience. Starting with budgets and wishes, we help clients like you create the space of your dreams from an existing home or one that you intend to buy. No matter what your preference or budget, we can help you create a space that you love more and more each time you enter the area.