Do you have the money to put central air in your home this year? Afraid of the huge cost of installing a whole-house unit, or the mess it will cause? We know exactly how you feel, so our experts at Villa Visions came up with some ideas that you might like. Here are our home renovation tips for keeping your house cool in the summer:
Home renovation tips from the experts
- Use lined curtains – Buy heavy shades for the rooms where the sun hits the longest to hold out the heat. The Huffington Post says that keeping blinds closed can reduce the heat by as much as seven percent.
- Remain energy efficient – Make sure your windows are sealed to keep out the heat and keep in the air from the air conditioner or fan.
- Any movement is better than nothing – Have ceiling fans in each room.
- Use landscaping with a purpose – Plant bushes and trees that provide shade around your house.
- Anyone investing in real estate can tell you that preventive maintenance is a valuable resource – Maintain your current ac unit to keep it running efficiently and effectively.
Investing in real estate? Here are some money saving options designed to keep renters cool
- Open floor plans are very HOT right now – You can find thousands of design ideas that will feel cool against your skin on Pinterest. Our design team can help you achieve anything you see that you want in your home whether you rent or own. We also have a full team of contractors if you decide a little more work is what your unit needs to meet your standards.
- Create a refreshing drink station – Keeping the body cool is an effective way to make the house feel cooler even when it is not.
- Switch over to florescent or LED lights – Incandescent light bulbs emit an enormous amount of heat that can make your home feel uncomfortable.
- Invest in a good grill – Eating outdoors prevents you from heating up the kitchen to use the stove or oven in warmer months.
We hope with our home renovations tips, that you will find investing in real estate, or buying homes is a much easier and exciting process. We want you to get the most out of your dollar, so we concentrate on cost-effective solutions. If a remodeling projects provides more than one benefit, then we are HUGE FANS! We want you to be just as ecstatic about home remodeling as we are.