As a renter, you may feel that investing in the home you live in is just a waste of money, but have you considered how you might feel with a few simple changes? Upgrading the hardware in the bathroom might cost 20 dollars or less if you choose wisely. We have some ideas about how to make your rental unit feel like “YOUR HOME.” Here are some fun an easy home improvement tips for renters.
Renters home improvement ideas:
Homes for rent Bergen County NJ are easy to customize without breaking the bank. Our experts at Villa Visions have performed many home restoration projects. We have worked with large and small projects. Over the years, we have found a few tricks of the trade including ways to make a house feel more inviting and welcoming for you and your guests.
• Paint your kitchen cabinets or change the cabinet knobs
• Replace fixtures with upgraded models
• Hang photos in an artistic manner – Hexagons, diamonds, and full wall displays are all the rage these days. You can find any number of ideas on websites like Pinterest.
• Place some potted plants unless you have room for a small flower garden
• Install a new light fixture to make the space fit or to create a focal point -You can always save the old one and take yours with you if you decide to move.
• Rent a dishwasher – It adds more prep space and makes doing the dishes much easier.
Apartment ideas that can improve small spaces:
• Use closet organizers to maximize space
• Extra shelving in the pantry, kitchen closet, or bathroom can free up counter space making it easy to get ready for work or school
• Drawer dividers let you organize your cabinets without costing an arm and a leg
• Use the space on the back of doors for bathrobes, towels, and bedclothes
• Replace lamp shades, use a couch cover, or refinish old furniture to freshen up the look of a rental unit
• Invest in a set of expensive curtains that frame your windows to make the space more appealing and fit your style
When you choose homes for rent Bergen County NJ residents, you never know how easy it is to customize your home to fit your personality. Even small changes like bathroom upgrades increase the value of your property, according to US News, but more importantly they make you feel better about your space. Renters home improvement projects can be small too; our Villa Visions design experts would love to help you consider your options. We have apartment Ideas for all spaces and sizes.