We thought it would never happen, but summer is finally here! After being trapped indoors the whole winter and through this crazy spring season, we’re spending as much time in the great outdoors as possible, and we know you will definitely want to do the same. Here are a few summer exterior home improvement tips that will maintain the value of your home and keep it looking beautiful throughout the season:
Exterior home improvements and cleaning improvement tips:
• Power washing – The specialists at Home Advisor suggest having this job done every year.
• Trim trees – Reducing the chances of tree limbs falling on power lines keeps you from spending unnecessary time in the dark.
• Fix broken gutters – This repair will help with water build up and will attract fewer mosquitos. This fix is extremely important with the risk of the Zika virus on the rise.
• Plant new flowers and replace mulch
• Install a water or fire feature
• Add a small garden
• Put in a pergola over the seating area
• Add a fence
• Place a rock garden
• Repaint the home
Bergen County contractors suggest appearance improvement tips that maximize value.
Exterior home improvements do not always include flowers and fun. Sometimes, maintaining your walkways and freshening up the front lawn is the most important way to keep the value of your home. We have several reputable Bergen County contractors that can help you with any of the issues listed below:
• Seal your driveway – Do this annually to prevent more damage from seasonal cracking from the heating and thawing cycles.
• Create an outdoor seating area – Any added living space increases home value.
• Paint your stoop – It pays back more than you might think.
• Add a porch swing – Why not? It is inviting and functional.
• Replace the mulch – Sun bleached flowerbeds do not add anything to your home.
• Repair the sidewalk – No one likes to see, much less trip over uneven walkways and cracks.
• Replace your front door – The right front door can give you as much as 96 percent return on your investment, according to US News.
• Fix garage doors
• Repair the roof
• Inspect for foundation issues
• Fix broken siding
At Villa Visions, we are dedicated to making the home renovation process as easy as possible for you. Our Bergen County Contractors have worked on dozens of projects with our team. We do our best to make exterior home improvements that give you the most value and appeal. We know that you will love our process and design options because our previous clients love and recommend our work. Contact us today to see how we can help you with your home remodeling project!